A. Overall Privacy
At OLX Philippines, we value your privacy. Rest assured that the information you provide when you use our websites and related applications will be collected and used in the manner stated in this Policy.
B. What Information We Collect
The information we collect depends on whether you are a visitor or a member.
- If you are a visitor, you provide us with information of what service you use and how you use it. Technically speaking, this includes:
- Log information, such as information on how you use our service (e.g. time or duration of your use), browser cookies, web beacons;
- information, such as IP address, operating system version, device settings, hardware model, device identifiers, and Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) number for some mobile devices, if available.
C. How we Use Your Personal Information
1. Purposes for Information. The information you provide us may be used in any of the following manner:
(a) Product Personalization
- To provide better and customized service to you.
- To customize and tailor fit the items you see on our platform recommendations to your interests.
We are able to do this with your help. By using your cookies, we are able to track usage patterns and deliver customized content to all users. A cookie is a small text file that our Web server places on a user’s computer hard drive as a unique identifier. Our cookies have an expiration date.
(b) Communications Service - To provide communications services to our members.
- Send customized email, SMS, and push notifications based on the custom segmentations we get from the entire database
- Our members receive e-mails, SMS and Push Notifications (in mobile apps) regarding items posted in our system
- We also send additional announcements about products, services, special deals and newsletters
- Send personalized birthday greetings on your birthday
Members may opt not to receive these types of communications
(c) Product Improvement
- To improve our products and services and to develop new ones.
(d) Loyalty and Rewards Program (The Xircle)
- Determine the incentives and rewards that you would like to receive based on your interests, demographics and personal preference, if you are registered to the Xircle Rewards Program
- Deliver prizes and incentives directly to your doorstep at your home address
(e) Expanded Data Segmentation
- Connect behavioral data on our platform (buying and selling actions) with your customer profile and demographics
- Extract patterns of behavior based on the profiles we can identify from the information you have given us
(f) Facebook Connect
Through our new Facebook Connect feature, you may choose to use your Facebook account to join OLX. The Facebook Connect feature will neither modify nor access the private content of your Facebook account. However, Facebook Connect shall allow OLX to:
- Use your Facebook Profile Picture as your OLX Avatar.
- Use your Facebook Name as your OLX Name.
- Use the Email address in your Facebook account as your Email address for OLX.
- Use your Facebook Public Profile as source of information for your OLX Public Profile such as number of friends in Facebook and mutual friends between you and another OLX user.
(g) Rating Buyers and Sellers
Depending on a particular transaction, you may be a buyer or a seller. Mutual Ratings are used by buyers and sellers to rate their experience with each other. Star ratings are used by a buyer to rate his/her experience with a seller.
- Mutual Rating is two-way feedback system available via the chat feature of the OLX app available on Google Play and iTunes. It enables buyers and sellers in the OLX community to give ratings and descriptive feedback to each other based on the transactions. For more information on Mutual Ratings, you can visit this page.
- Star Rating is used by OLX to summarize a buyer’s overall experience in a particular transaction with a seller. The various Star Ratings of a seller are displayed his/her OLX account. For more information on Star Ratings, you can visit this page.
Mutual Ratings and Star-Ratings provided by other OLX users are publicly available and visible in your Profile information, allowing other users to view the ratings other users have given you.
2. Information Sharing. Subject to applicable law, we may share, transfer, and disclose the information we collect, to the following:
a. Companies that form part of our group of companies, to enable them to offer or improve their respective services or products;
b. Service providers that help us provide our services, to the extent needed to perform their duties and their functions, including service providers used for the logistics of the Xircle Rewards Program;
c. Government authorities, at their request and only when legally required to do so; and,
d. Purchasers or potential purchasers of our rights and obligations relating to the services we provide. In this case, all information collected are deemed assets that may be transferred to such third parties.
3. Necessary to Protect Legitimate Interests. The information we collect may also be shared, transferred and disclosed when this is necessary:
a. To protect the rights and interests of OLX Philippines, business partners, customers or third parties, as may be required and permitted by law; and
b. To pursue your legitimate interests, as may be required or permitted by law.
4. Advertisement in different media. Images and information uploaded or posted may be used to advertise OLX Philippines and its services in different media (i.e., Above-the-line, Below-the-line, SEM, Social Media advertising). Information may be used for the conduct of promotions and advertisements through e-mails, SMS and Push Notifications.
5. Location identification. Through information provided by the device you use to access our Apps and services, we are provided with IP addresses and other locational information. An IP Address is a unique identifier that identifies your computer or device in the Internet. These information are used to identify the location of the device (i.e., town, city and country), and these are added to all data that are submitted to the system.
6. Market analysis. The information we collect may be used for assessment, record keeping, market analysis and generation of reports.
For the purpose of the foregoing, you agree and authorize OLX to disclose any and all information you provided, to its partners, customers, third party service providers, to government agencies, and such entities that may have a legitimate interest in the said information.
D. How We Secure your Personal Information.
We endeavor to protect your information by using secure servers. Sufficient physical and technical methods and procedures are employed to safeguard and secure the information from unauthorized or unlawful processing. We have no control, however, over any information you provide when you leave our Apps. Our Apps offers listings, chats, forums and/or message boards, as well as links to third-party websites. When you click on these links, you effectively leave our Apps.
To ensure your protection, we encourage you to read their privacy policies. We also have no control over third-party advertising companies that serve ads when you visit our Apps. They may use information about your visits to our Apps and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. While we will not provide them your name, address, email address, or telephone number, we do not control their collection of information.