Great job! Deciding to meet up with your buyer/seller is possibly the best way to avoid being scammed. In choosing a time and location, there are conditions that you should consider. Read on for meet-up tips for online buyers and sellers.
When deciding on where you would meet up with an online buyer or seller, here’s a handy checklist on ideal locations:
- A place nearby and familiar to you.
- Public open spaces such as malls, convenience stores, train stations, building lobbies, restaurants and cafes.
- Well-lit, even better if a CCTV is available in the area.
- Well-guarded. It’s best if you can always approach someone for help if something goes awry.
Checked everything in the list above? Then proceed with your meet-up! Below are some reminders when deciding to meet up with your buyer/seller.
- Bring someone with you.
- If you are paying a large amount of money, suggest to meet at their bank so you can do the transaction together.
- If it’s necessary to meet them at their place, let someone know where you’re headed or better yet, bring someone with you.
- At the meet-up, always inspect the item to check if it’s as described to you. Ask additional questions if you have to. Inquire about their reason for selling.
And remember: if you aren’t satisfied with its condition, feel free to back out. A win-win exchange is a two-way thing!